Tuesday 19 February 2013

The Woman Who Went To Bed For a Year by Sue Townsend


A different type of book to my normal choice and I am not entirely sure that I enjoyed it! The storyline was a little ridiculous and to me it was too far-fetched to be enjoyable. The book had a mixed bunch of characters a lot of whom were unlovable and just in there to make it more humorous. However, this book didn't really make me chuckle - maybe I was missing the point of the book? If anything I found it quite a disturbing book in the sense that it reinforced how people break down in difficult times.

Throughout the book I found it hard to predict what was going to happen (which isn't always a bad thing) but I felt the ending was a slight let down, I was expecting more. It was however, an easy read and it did make you think about situations in life and how you would deal with them. It also emphasises the fact that judging people is wrong.

Overall rating: 4/10 - A bit pointless and couldn't relate to many of the characters as they had strange personalities. If anything I felt the book had an overall sadness. When you are on holiday you want to be reading a more uplifting book rather than one that makes you think. I would recommend to those who like an easy read, it is a book that makes you want to keep reading. Also this book makes you think so ideal for those who like more of a life lesson read.

No comments:

Post a Comment