Tuesday 12 February 2013

The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins


Wow, wow and wow! It took a while to decide whether I was going to read The Hunger Games, the plot seemed a bit far fetched for me and I was not sure i could stomach a book involving a lots of fighting. But oh my gosh, this has to be one of my all time favourite books. The story is written in such a way that you need to keep reading with most chapters  ending on a cliff edge! There is a lot to take in and imagine, but it is written so well you can really picture the scenes and somehow it does not seem unrealistic.

As the plot develops the games begin and you really feel for the main character Katniss and you want her to win. Then you wonder at the end of the first book how on earth can they make 2 more books out of this? Well Suzanne did it and both the next 2 books had the same effect on me. I had to pace myself and read another book in between as I was just so obsessed with finding out what was next!

To me the real storyline was the love interest. As a romantic myself it was so lovely to see the relationship survive even though it was tested so much throughout the books. All 3 books were as good as each other and surprisingly for me a book i could never get bored of reading over and over again.

Overall rating: 10/10 - You have to read to see what all the fuss is about! Be sure to take all 3 books on holiday with you or you will regret! I would recommend to anyone who wants a break from the traditional chick flick and who likes a book that you can feel that you are there involved in the action. It would also appeal to those hopeless romantics like me too!

No comments:

Post a Comment